We invite you to come directly at the North Pillar of the Eiffel Tower, in front of the Gustave Eiffel statue.
You will discover the hidden heart of its backstage through a guided tour.
On the occasion of the World Fair in 1889, a major competition was launched in the Official Gazette. The challenge was to study the possibility of raising an iron tower on the Champ de Mars, with a square base of 125 sq. feet and 300 meters high. Chosen from among 107 projects, was that of Gustave Eiffel. The work lasted two years, 2 months and 5 days. Since its opening, visitors can access the floors of the monument via lifts, a veritable technical feat for its time. Carefully preserved, this exceptional structural heritage testifies, till date, to the visionary genius of Gustave Eiffel.
Accompanied by a guide, who will recount to you throughout the visit numerous anecdotes, go behind the scenes of this staggering monument. You will enter first into the former bunker hidden under the Champ de Mars. A true privilege, you will then slip backstage to the surprising and impressive engine room of origin which still controls the elevators. Arriving next at the second floor, you will be greeted by the amazing and unusual view that awaits you. As a VIP, you ascend the roof of the prestigious restaurant Le Jules Verne to exclusively discover an unprecedented 360° panorama of Paris.
End of the excursion at the Eiffel Tower.
* Guided tour (bilingual or unilingual dependant on departure selected).
* Ticket up to the second floor of the Eiffel Tower.
* Access to the restricted areas in the Eiffel Tower's wings (exclusively available only to participants of this tour, and not to general visitors), including a military bunker, machinery room and the roof of the restaurant Jules Verne.
* Clients must present themselves to the guide 15 minutes before the scheduled tour departure time. Any latecomers run the risk of not being admitted.
* In case of unforeseen circumstances concerning the monument or site (for technical, security or artistic reasons etc.), the envisaged tour could be modified the same day, without any possibility of refund or compensation.
* The reservation is personal and non-transferable and hence non-refundable.
- For security reasons, the tour is inaccessible for children below 5 years (included).
- High heeled shoes are strongly unadvised on this tour for security reasons.
- Tickets for the summit can be purchased on the 2nd floor at the end of this tour.
T- he behind the scenes guided tour does not give clients priority access to the elevators of the Eiffel Tower. The agency cannot be responsible for queuing times caused by a large number of visitors, or any technical problems. A high number of visitors could change the course of the visit, on the tour day itself, with the client’s permission.
- Discover Eiffel Tower secrets!
- Guided visit of the machinery room
- Military Bunker
When and how much
August 1, 2013 - March 31, 2014: 22.90 €
Wednesday and Saturday except special events
Departure : 10.00 AM and 5.00 PM
Address : North Pilar of the Eiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower, Paris
Find on map