See a side to the Eiffel Tower that few visitors get to see with exclusive access to the engine room.
The 90-minute tour also includes a trip to the Le Jules Verne Restaurant for panoramic views of the city.
Built for the World Fair in 1889, Gustave Eiffel’s plans were chosen at a major competition to study the possibility of raising an iron tower on the Champ de Mars. With a base of 125 square meters, and soaring to a height of over 980 feet (300 meters), Eiffel’s tower was selected from among 107 projects, and took 2 years, 2 months, and 5 days to construct. Since its opening, visitors have been able to access the floors of the monument via lifts, a technical feat for its time. Carefully preserved, this exceptional structural heritage testifies to the visionary genius of Gustave Eiffel.
Accompanied by a guide, who will recount numerous anecdotes throughout your visit, you will go behind the scenes of the staggering monument.
Enter the former bunker, hidden under the Champ de Mars. A true privilege, slip backstage to the impressive engine room, which still controls the elevators.
Next, head to the second floor. You will be greeted by amazing views. As a VIP, ascend to the roof of the prestigious restaurant, Le Jules Verne, to discover an incredible 360° panorama of Paris.
* Guided tour (bilingual or unilingual dependant on departure selected).
* Ticket up to the second floor of the Eiffel Tower.
* Access to the restricted areas in the Eiffel Tower's wings (exclusively available only to participants of this tour, and not to general visitors), including a military bunker, machinery room and the roof of the restaurant Jules Verne.
* Access to the 3rd floor of the Eiffel Tower. At the end of the tour, a ticket can be purchased at kiosks on the 2nd floor should you wish to carry on further.
* Personal expenses
* High-heeled shoes are not allowed.
* For security reasons the tour is not accessible for children under 6 years old.
* The Eiffel Tower reserves the right to verify the contents of clients' bags and if applicable, confiscate any items considered to be dangerous.
* Show up 10 minutes before the beginning of the tour. The tour will depart at the time indicated. Latecomers risk missing the tour. Tours are neither reschedulable nor refundable.
* Clients don't have priority access to elevators. The agency cannot be responsible for waiting times caused by a large number of visitors, or any technical problems that could change the course of the visit on the tour date itself. No refunds possible.
* In case of unforeseen circumstances concerning the monument or site (for technical, security or artistic reasons etc.), the envisaged tour could be modified the same day, without any possibility of refund or compensation.
- 48 hours prior the date of the tour: no refund
- More than 48 hours prior the date of the tour: full refund
When and how much
March 1, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Adult: 22.90 € / Child (6-16 years old): 19.90 €
Departure: 10.00 AM / 5.00 PM
Time departures depend on the day, check on the calendar
Address : North Pilar of the Eiffel Tower
5 avenue Anatole France, Champ de Mars, 75007 Paris
Find on map