You will end your visit with the famous Pont du Gard, an iconic Ancient Roman bridge and aqueduct built in the first century AD. The Pont du Gard is the highest of all Roman aqueduct bridges and remains very well preserved.
Transfer from our bus terminal to the "Gare de Lyon" Railway Station. Board the TGV train departing at 8.00 AM.
One day visit to discover the South of France, the colourful landscapes, history and traditions. Admire the various landscapes of Burgundy and the Rhone Valley. The chosen home for many Romans, Popes and artists, Provence is characterized by its olive groves, scrubland and limestone massifs which inspired many artists.
After covering 700 km (440 miles), arrive at Avignon at 10:43 PM. Visit the Popes' Palace with audio-guide. Stroll along the downtown area.
Free time in Avignon for lunch.
With your guide, drive on to Saint-Rémy-de-Provence (photo stop).
Guided visit of the typical perched village on a mountain spur "Les Baux de Provence", 245 metres above ground. Admire its gorgeous houses dating back to the 16th century.
Free time for shopping of local products (perfumes, lavender, Provencal fabrics).
Guided visit of the famous Roman "Pont du Gard" bridge, built in a preserved environment.
Transfer back to Avignon TGV railway station to catch the train at 8:05 PM and arrive in Paris Gare de Lyon at 10:45 PM.
Commentaries in Pope's Palace available in : French, English, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Japanese & Chinese.
* Transportation from Paris to Avignon with TGV Méditerranée (2 ways) (2,35 hours to cover 700 kms), in 2nd class
* Transportation in luxury, air conditioned coach or minibus in Paris and in Provence
* The visit of the Pope's palace and the Pont du Gard bridge (entrance fees included)
* The services of our licensed multilingual guide
* Provence has so much to offer : magnificent landscapes which inspired many painters (Van Gogh and Cézanne) for their colours and light
* An excellent range of souvenir shops in Avignon and Les Baux : quality gifts, cotton fabrics for table dressing and home decoration, aromatic olive oil in beautiful glass bottles, pottery, perfumed soap, etc. Also, not to forget, the culinary specialties and the world famous local wines (Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Rosé de Provence).
* Comfortable shoes are necessary for this tour, especially at Les Baux-de-Provence and Pont du Gard
* You will experience one of the world's fastest trains
- Audio guided visit of the Popes' Palace
- Visit of the Avignon town center on your own
- Lunch on your own
- Discover Saint Remy de Provence for a short stop
- Guided visit of the Baux de Provence village
- Guided visit of Pont du Gard
When and how much
From April 1 to October 31, 2013: 295 € / Child : 295 €
Tuesday and Friday except special events
Departure : 7.00 AM
Address : Pyramides Agency
2 rue des Pyramides 75001 Paris
Find on map
* Price from, discount rate compared to retail price, according to the dates of departure and subject to availability.