Located at 2 hours from Paris, the region of Normandy is well known for its properous agriculture land, specialised in dairy products, apple and mixed farming.
This gastronomic excursion in Normandy will start in the small village of Camembert, that gave the name of the most famous french cheese ! Your food expert guide will lead you for an off the beaten track tour around local cheese farm where you will be able to look at the production process, meet the farmer and taste real traditional raw milk camembert ! This tasting will be paired with local drinks such as cider and apple juice.
In order to complete this discovery, you will have the opportunity to visit the Camembert museum.
Your guide will then share a traditional meal in a typical restaurant, or prepare a pique nique according to the weather. Foodies will be delighted with local delicacies such as salted butter caramel.
In the afternoon, your car ride will leads you to a traditional Calvados distellery, the emblematic Normandy spirit.
The price includes:
- Transfers from and to your accommodation in Paris
- Round trip transport in a mini-bus
- the services of a driver guide Expert in food culture
- admission ticket to the Camembert Museum
- commented visit of a cheese farm farm with generous local produces tastings
- commented visit of a Calvados distillery with tastings
- lunch at restaurant ( 3 plates composed of local products+1 drink) or pique nique lunch during summer if the weather is nice
Food tour available from April to October