Sainte Chapelle Ticket
The entrance ticket for the Sainte Chapelle is to be collected at the Paris City Vision Louvre or Paris City Vision Eiffel Tower agency at any time according to their opening hours (you can consult them HERE) and valid at any time according to the Sainte Chapelle's schedules.
Come discover this historic monument in Paris, an architectural gem from the Gothic period, at your own pace and whenever you choose.
Commissioned by King Saint-Louis and built in 1241, come relive the history of Sainte Chapelle, guided by a series of information panels.
You will learn how the Sainte Chapelle was originally built to house relics of the Passion of the Christ acquired by the monarch during the 13th century. These include a piece of the True Cross and the Holy Crown, which nearly disappeared in the early 19th century! Starting in 1790, Sainte Chapelle was restricted to members of the clergy and was emptied of its contents. It progressively became archive storage for the neighboring Palais de Justice—Paris’s Court House—until a restoration campaign was started under pressure from the public.
Today, it is no longer possible to admire the relics for which Sainte-Chapelle was built, as they were either lost or displaced during the French Revolution. You can, however, admire the chapel’s breathtakingly beautiful stained-glass windows. With 15 windows of 50 sq. ft. each, you can view the history of the world up until the arrival of the relics in Paris. In total, 1,113 scenes are depicted on the stained glass. Information is provided so that you won’t miss a single detail of these colored glass artworks.
- Non-changeable, non-cancellable, non-refundable ticket
- It is recommended that you visit in the morning to avoid long wait times
- Entrance is possible up to 30 minutes before closing
- Opening hours:
- April 1–September 30, every day from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- October 1–March 31, every day from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- The monument is closed on January 1st, May 1st and December 25th.
- No entrance between 1:00 p.m. and 2:15 p.m. Monday–Friday
- Admission is free for the citizens of the European Union under the age of 26, the access to temporary exhibitions excluded
Book your tour
1. Define your needs
2. Select your tour
Sainte Chapelle Ticket
1 adult x 13,00 €
Cancellation fees :
Preparation of the tour
Address : Paris City Vision Louvre Agency
2 rue des Pyramides 75001 Paris
Organized by PARISCityVISION
Tour Code: STCH
They give their opinion
(4 of 5)
T. Paul the 9/21/17
Number of reviews : 1
Average rating :
(4.0 of 5)