Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site, the Palace of Versailles was the residence of three French kings, Louis XIV, Louis XV, and Louis XVI, their courts, and the French government from 1682 to 1789. Your guide will stay with you throughout the day as you discover the majesty of the Palace of Versailles and its most beautiful rooms (guide commentary will be played through individual headsets). The supreme symbol of royal power, admire the sumptuous decoration, the palace's Baroque architecture, its works of art, and period furniture, all created by skilled craftsmen. After your tour, spend time exploring the beautiful formal gardens before enjoying lunch in a restaurant near the Grand Canal. The second part of your visit includes an afternoon tour of the Small and Large Trianons and the Queen's Hamlet, located in a distant and peaceful corner of the palace's grounds.
Set off from our agency at 8:45 a.m. for a Paris to Versailles tour. Make the most of the 45-minute journey by luxury air-conditioned coach and listen to your guide's introduction to the history of Versailles.
The Palace of Versailles covers an area of over 721,000 square feet and has more than 700 rooms. Follow your guide right to the front of the line with priority access to the palace's most beautiful rooms: the King's Apartments, with seven elegant salons all dedicated to a different god, and the Queen's Apartments, including the Queen's Bedroom, where Marie Antoinette once slept. Also, marvel at the majestic Hall of Mirrors, a large reception room in which to see and be seen, dreamt up by the architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart. Designed to leave visitors to the Sun King speechless, this huge hall with marble and gilded bronze decoration was somewhere to stroll and meet. It was also the setting for sumptuous receptions and royal wedding balls.
After visiting the palace, make the most of your free time to explore the gardens: admire the many works of art (including more than 200 statues), fountains, ponds, flower beds, and trees.
After your stroll, enjoy an included lunch at the "La Petite Venise" restaurant in a peaceful spot right in the heart of the palace's grounds, near the Grand Canal.
Menu restaurant "La Petite Venise"*
Arugula salad with parmesan
Chicken breast, mashed potatoes with olive oil
Chocolate fudge cake
1/4 bottle of mineral water
1 glass of red wine du Pays de Gard
* Example of menu, subjet to modification
In the afternoon, your guide will take you on a tour of the royal family's secondary residences, including the large Trianon Palace of Versailles, a palace built for Louis XIV in the grounds. This pink marble palace is surrounded by delicate gardens and pools, making it one of the most elegant of all the buildings at Versailles. Also visit the Small Trianon, including Queen Marie Antoinette's boudoir, and the fairy-tale setting of the Queen's Hamlet. Like a small Normandy village, the Hamlet is home to 12 cottages, a lake, rivers, and a farm. It was Marie Antoinette's favorite place; she would come here with her children and friends to experience the charm of country life and to amuse herself.
After visiting the Hamlet, return to your luxury coach for your journey back to Paris. Arrive back in Paris at around 5:45 p.m.
Please note :
When you purchase one (1) qualifying Versailles Tour (codes : VAM, VAP, VT, VS)*, you will get one Versailles Palace Souvenir Book for FREE** upon presentation of your voucher at the agency, 2 rue des pyramides 75001 Paris * 1 Versailles Palace Souvenir Book (English language only) per voucher. This offer is available until August 31st at 0:00 am CES time within the limits of available stocks. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice. This offer is not redeemable for cash. The Versailles Palace Souvenir Book is not available for sale.
- Important: Closing of the Queen’s State Apartment for renovation works
- In Winter: ride the mini train across the gardens to the Trianon/ In Summer: walk through the gardens to the Trianon
- Flat shoes are highly recommended (parquet flooring in the palace's rooms and cobblestones in the courtyard)
- Strollers are not permitted in the palace or the two Trianons
- Excursion not recommended for those with walking difficulties or reduced mobility: it includes about three hours of brisk walking
- The skip-the-line access is subject to the Versailles Palace procedures: The Vigipirate plan, the security control or an unforeseen crowd can slow down the entrance.
The price includes :
* Transport to and from Paris by luxury air-conditioned coach
* Priority access ticket to skip the line at the Palace of Versailles, the two Trianons, the Queen's Hamlet, and the gardens
* Lunch at the "La Petite Venise" restaurant (drinks included)
* Services of a driver-guide, with individual headsets
The price does not include :
* Transfers to and from your accommodation
Further information on your confirmation voucher :
You will receive your confirmation and your voucher in 2 separate emails. Please print your voucher and redeem it to the PARISCityVISION office on the day of your departure.