Visit the most famous Loire Valley Castles on your own with an audio guide through each of the following châteaux: the stately home Château de Cheverny, the charming Château de Chenonceau and the majestic Château de Chambord. Experience what life was like during the Renaissance period in these royal french residences.
The tour starts at 7:15am at our agency in the center of Paris, where you will take a luxury air-conditioned coach across the beautiful french countryside. You will arrive in Cheverny, the first stop on your trip, after roughly two and a half hours' drive.
You will visit the lovely and currently occupied Château de Cheverny on your own for about an hour and explore the magnificent, extremely well-preserved interior decor and its 17th century furniture. You can take this opportunity to have a short stroll through its beautiful gardens.
You will then get back into the coach and head off to the Château de Chenonceau, about 45 kilometres from Cheverny (30 miles). This 16th century castle, called "the ladies' castle", was built, run and embellished by aristocratic French ladies like Diane de Poitiers and Catherine de Medicis. You will explore the stunning Château de Chenonceau with an audio guide and discover the fairytale architecture that is visible from the River Cher. Admire the refined floral rooms, paintings, tapestries and fascinating kitchens housed in the piers of the bridge that supports the Château.
After lunch, you will visit the last castle of the day - the impressive Château de Chambord - which is an hour from Chenonceau. Enjoy the audio guided tour of one of the biggest châteaux of the Loire Valley, built by Francis I in 1519 with the help of Leonardo da Vinci. See the famous, striking double helix staircase and admire the panoramic view from the castle's terrace overlooking the grounds and its sea of chimneys.
You have the opportunity to stay at each château for about an hour to explore inside and see the gardens at your own pace.
At the end of the day, you will arrive back in Paris at around 8 pm.
- On Saturdays during the summer (April 1 to October 31), you will visit the Château d'Amboise instead of Cheverny.
- During the summer (April 1 to October 31), lunch is not included.
- During the winter (November 1 to March 31), lunch is included at the St Hubert Hotel Restaurant in Cour-Cheverny (five minutes from Cheverny). The menu includes homemade salmon terrine with lemon sauce, hard-boiled egg and mixed vegetables; roasted turkey with green beans, provençal tomatoes and sautéed potatoes; and a warm apple tart for dessert (includes 1/4 Bottle of wine, water, coffee or tea).
- Audio guides are available in: English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese
- On-site visit duration: 7h30
The price includes:
* Entrance tickets to the 3 châteaux
* Audio guides
* Round-trip transport from Paris in a luxury air-conditionned coach
* Lunch with drinks (during the winter, from 1 November to 31 March)
The price does not include:
* During the summer: lunch (from 1 April to 31 October)
* Transfers from/to your hotel or flat
Further information on your confirmation voucher:
You will receive your confirmation and your tour voucher in 2 separate emails. Please print your tour voucher and present it to the PARISCityVISION office on the day of your departure.
November 01, 2016 - March 31, 2017
Adult: 190 € / Child (3-11 years old): 130 €
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday except February 7 and special events
Departure: 07.15 AM
April 01 - October 31, 2017
Adult: 139 € / Child (3-11 years old): 99 €
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday except special events
Departure: 07.15 AM