Paris museum guide
Paris is unquestionably the city of culture and art. There are so many museums and exhibition halls that sometimes it can be difficult to know what to visit during your stay in the capital. Paris City Vision provides you with this guide to the museums of Paris to help you organize your trip. This Paris Museum guide focuses on art, culture and history. Thanks to the practical information provided by this guide, you will know which museums you want to visit. We've put together for you the must-see Paris museums and the different offers and good-value guided tours available. The Louvre, Carnavalet, the Pantheon, the Orsay museum, the Monnet gardens in Giverny, the Invalides, the Picasso museum, the Rodin museum and many other museums welcome you in Paris for a rich cultural experience! Don't waste time standing in line thanks to this guide.
Plan your visit
Your time in the capital is precious. It is important that you organize your time to make the most of it.
- The Paris Museum map will help you choose your itinerary.
- Opening hours and days
Check the opening hours and days of the various museums before you arrive in the capital. This way you will be able to visit several museums located in the same district and avoid wasting time travelling around in Paris.
- When is the best time to visit?
School holidays and weekends are always the busiest times of the year. If you want to get away from the crowd, you should visit the museums on weekdays or just after the museums open their doors, in the morning.
The must-sees museums in Paris city center
- The Louvre Museum - 1st arrondissement
- The Orsay Museum - 7th arrondissement
- The Pantheon - 5th arrondissement
- The Cluny Museum - 5th district
- The Eugène Delacroix Museum - 5th arrondissement
- The Arab World Institute - 5th district
- La Conciergerie - 1st district
- The Carnavalet Museum - 4th district
- The Grévin Museum - 9th arrondissement
- The Palais de la Découverte - 8th arrondissement
- The Nissim de Camondo Museum - 8th district
- The Guimet Museum - 16th district
Museums around Paris
- Museum of the Renaissance in Écouan
- National Air and Space Museum of France at Le Bourget
- The villa Savoye in Poissy
For those who love surprises, we have also listed the most unusual museums in Paris such as the Paris Sewers Museum!
Some monuments host real museums such as:
- Atonement Chapel
- The Royal Palace
- The Basilica and Cathedral of Saint-Denis
- Paris operas
Every year, during the the European Night of the Museums, the museums of Paris are opened at night. During Heritage Days, the entrance to many museums is free just like it is during this type of events.