Join us for a guided tour of the city and explore the Cité du Vin at your own pace.
La Cité du Vin is a unique place in Bordeaux, where wine comes to life through an immersive and sensorial approach. You'll first be amazed by the designer building, an exploration of its own. Then, you will embark on a journey of discovery and sensory exploration. You will be able to get answers for all the questions you ever had on wine! You will discover the history of wine and the secrets to its production as well as understand the culture revolving around wine.
An audioguide is furnished to lead you through the Cité du Vin.
You will also get access to the Belvedere, where you will discover a 360° view of Bordeaux and enjoy a glass of wine.
This package also includes a 2-hour guided tour of the city and a wine tasting of 2 wines (red and white) at the Wine Bar of the Maison du Vin de Bordeaux
The guide will take you to one of the most prestigious landmark in Bordeaux: the Grand-Théâtre, built in the 18th century. He or she will start by asking you to look up to admire the sculptures of muses and goddesses overlooking the Place de la Comédie as well as the city's famous mascarons (stone faces), wrought iron balconies, historic inscriptions, and a host of other architectural details. The pleasure of discovering Bordeaux continues with a walk along the quays and an opportunity to admire the unique panorama over the Garonne River. The reflecting pond in front of Place de La Bourse has become emblematic of the city. Nearby, Old Bordeaux features numerous charming squares surrounded by restaurants. Thanks to the guide, you will also be pleasantly surprised to discover, hidden at the end of a narrow street in the heart of the Saint Pierre district, Square Vinet and its green wall. The tour ends at Place de la Bourse in front of the Bordeaux Patrimoine Mondial, the new centre that explains Bordeaux's architectural heritage.
- This is an example of itinerary which may change depending on weather, mood of the guide, number of people etc..; but in any case you will learn a lot about Bordeaux city.
- The visit is a walking tour, except on saturday from January 5th to March 30th and from October 5th to December 28th AND on wednesday from April 3rd to September 25th where it is bus operated.
- The visit is a bi lingual tour from January 5th to March 30th and from October 5th to December 28th and a english speaking tour from April 3rd to September 30th
- The guided tour takes place every day from 10 am to 12 am, except on January 1st and December 25th.
- The Maison du Vin de Bordeaux (1 cours du XXX juillet) is opened from Monday to Saturday, from 11am to 10pm. if you wish to do the guided tour on a Sunday, you can do the wine tasting on the Saturday evening provided that you retrieve your tickets at the tourism office beforehand.